Classic Children's Books
Some of the best children's stories have been told for generations.
Here's a brief list of classic children's authors, with links to Project Gutenberg's collection:
- Louisa May Alcott: Little Women, and many more
- L. Frank Baum: The Wizard of Oz series (14 books) and beyond
- Frances Hodgson Burnett: The Secret Garden, A Little Princess, and many more
- Kenneth Grahame: The Wind in the Willows, and more
- Joel Chandler Harris: Uncle Remus (the adventures of Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox and Brer Bear)
- Rudyard Kipling: The Jungle Book, Kim, Just So Stories, and many more
- Beatrix Potter: The Tale of Peter Rabbit (and 18 other stories)
- Robert Louis Stevenson: Treasure Island, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, and many more
- Jules Verne: 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Around the World in Eighty Days, and many more
And, some Project Gutenberg subject links:
I'm working on a series of books for young children, and am looking for an illustrator.
Posted Nov. 27, 2004
Classicosm is a Product Architect site.
classicosm -at- product architect -dot- com (Feedback welcome!)
Copyright 2004 by Scott S. Lawton. All Rights Reserved. "Classicosm" and "A world of timeless value" are service marks owned by Scott S. Lawton.